Get the crisp of what I....

I brief here what I See , what I Read, what I Know, what I Hear. And remember this is my view. No offenses meant.

Thursday, October 27, 2011

Software failure push people breakfast

A recent incident remembered me of Terminator film.  Most of the hospitals now relies on softwares for billing.  The software in a hospital failed which resulted in blunt stop of billing. This eventually resulted in stopping of blood collection as they need a bill receipt to proceed further.  People who came with fasting to give blood sample had to wait till the issue has been resolved. More people started gathering as timing passed by.

Am just thinking why do we rely on software or hardware when it is not fully reliable. Final comment:  Rely on something only when it is proved to be reliable or else have a back up method to resolve in urgency.  In the above case, a manual entry or some sort of would have eased the situation but that system was not in place in the hospital which eventually created chaos there. 

No comments: